Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Blog Challenge: Day 7

Recommend a book for us to read.  Why do you think it's important?

The most mind-blowing and influential class I took in college was Philosophy of Religion.  It changed my life.  I had never thought about these heavy topics in such a dissected, educated, and rational way.  Most people would think a Philosophy of Religion course's purpose would be to debunk all religious theory, the notion of a god, blatantly support Atheism, and so on, but that was not the case.  This book/class actually helped bring me a lot of peace to all those troubling, and often contradictory, religious subjects and theories that are liberally tossed around so carelessly in both casual conversation and heavy debate.  Check out the Table of Contents I included...

I think everyone should read this book so they don't appear so damn ignorant when arguing these heavy religious topics...HAHAHA!

Blow your mind.  Find peace.  Educate yourself by researching both sides of the coin.  Question.  Put on your critical thinking hat.  Be humbled.  Challenge yourself.  Discover where you feel comfortable.
(I added my feet in there for dramatic effect) 





1 comment:

Emilie said...

I loved reading this, Claire! Especially in combination with your first post about being a Unitarian Mystic. I've done a lot of philosophical searching so far in my 20s... let's get together soon and dig into religion. I love those kinds of conversations.