Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Blog Challenge: Day 1

List 15 fun facts about yourself...

15 fun facts about myself?!  FUN facts?!  Oh hell, I don't know if I can stick to the fun part, but here are 15 random facts, fo sho...
  1. I don't have a middle name.  This is always my go-to "interesting or fun fact" whenever I'm asked these question.  To this day, people still think I'm lying about this, but I'm not!  My mom did not give me or my sister middle names.  You see, she goes by "Hollye", but her legal first name is "Robin."  It causes her grief when dealing with records, contracts, legalities, etc., so she said to hell with middle names!  Who really needs one, anyway?  She also figured we would both move our maiden names to our open middle name spot when/if we get married.  I do, however, have an adopted faux middle name given to me by my paternal grandmother.  It's "Elizabeth."
  2. My birthmark is on my butt-crack.  Well, at least the last time I checked a few years ago it was.  This caused much confusion and chapped ass as a baby.
  3. I am a chronic fingernail biter...CHRONIC!  I've bitten my fingernails for as long as I can remember, and I've successfully grown them out about three times.  My success rate is not high.  I hate it and love it at the same time.  It's grossly unattractive.


    4.  I've been told I have a pretty thick Southern drawl.  This surprises many people when they first meet me in person.  Ha!  I blame it on my Brownwood, TX roots and being raised in the Dallas area during my early formative years.
    5.  I rarely paint my toe nails becaaaauuuuuse....I believe it "suffocates" the nail resulting in a possible toe nail  fungus, and you do NOT want nail fungus.  That shit is hard to beat!  No, thank you!  I'm slightly phobic about it.  When I do paint my toe nails, I won't leave it on longer than about a week, and then I leave them natural for a good while so they can "breathe."  Ha!  Yes, I put that much thought into many aspects of my life.
    6.  I currently have two fur children I cherish: Fred (lab) and Cinna (GSD).  Fred is old as dirt (15!), and Cinna is sick with bone cancer.  It seems every other day, one or the other threatens to leave me and this world.  It is my current major stress.



    7.  Culinary is my #1 passion!  I love, love, love everything culinary! I love culinary culture, history, lifestyles, alternative culinary, etc.  I think many people believe music to be my first passion, but it's not.
    8.  I am/was a singer/songwriter.  I used to play and perform much more than I do now, but then I grew up, got a job, and realized I didn't need to play every gig for measly chump change anymore.  It was a cool run, but I don't plan to jump back on that train for a while.


    9.  I love to swim, ride my bike, and walk/hike!  I have done these three activities for so long, and they provide me so much happiness and peace.  I don't do any three of them in a super strenuous way, but I'm pretty consistent in doing one almost every day.  I'm sure people think I'm slightly nuts as they bump into me swimming while they're tubing the river, or catch me riding my little cruiser bike to the grocery, or honk at me as they see me walking in some random places, but I don't care.  These activities help me mentally relax, bring me close to nature, and provide some exercise.  I look forwards to these little "escapes" every day. 
    10.  I am an "open book" to a fault!  I have no secrets.  None.  Non.  No.  Nein.  I will tell you TOO much.  I love learning about people and making new friends.
    11.  I'm a self-proclaimed know-it-all by fault of being a research nerd and passionately curious, and I have to force myself to restrain from being a "backseat driver" a LOT.  And, I'm not always successful at that. 
    12.  I have an obsession with the pregnancy and birthing process even though I've never been pregnant, had kids, nor sure I want kids.  Simply put, the science of reproduction is wildly fascinating to me.  I'm a 100% weirdo. 
    13.  I also have an obsession with Theology and religious/spiritual culture even though my most consistent prayer to God as of late has been, "Dear God...if you exist...please forgive me for my weakness in faith of your existence.  I know you know I'm trying...that is if you're listening...because you might be real."  I mean, what is that?!  My attempt at insurance?!  Please crusaders and evangelists...no, I don't need your help.  I'm a very spiritual person, but all those details are pretty hazy to me right now.  I currently consider myself a Unitarian Mystic.  For whatever it's worth, I love reading Theological/Spiritual literature.
    14.  My soul belongs in the mountains and high desert.  The end.  Period.  I'm still not sure why I don't live there.
    15.  I believe in birth order and zodiac theories.  Yep, I'm that weirdo.  It doesn't rule my life, but the connections can be quite consistent and revealing.


    So, basically, I'm a fruit cake!       

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Claire, you know you are always invited to come to my home when you need a high desert and mountain fix! Your friends are welcome, if you choose to bring anyone. Or you can use it as a base for more exploring in this wonderful land. Love from Aunt Polo

Anonymous said...

Hi CC! It's me, Julie, Paige's formerly pregnant friend. I am loving your blog while I hold a napping Jameson and Georgia is still asleep. Feel free to discuss pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding with me any time. I am very passionate (but not a nazi about) breastfeeding. You can get my number from Paige if you want to be texting pen pals. I would love that because it's about the only social life I have right now! I miss TX desperately.

Unknown said...

Haaaaaay, woman! Will do!!! I will give you more e-company than you'll know what to do with! ;-)