Day 11: I seem to be collecting...
...the LBs! Pounds! Weight! Cellulite! Back Fat! Uuuuuuggggghhhh.
Yep, this move back to NB has resulted in me putting on some weight! I'm not one to freak out about my weight. I mean, I've never been a skinny-minny in any way, but I am usually half decent about keeping my weight "in check." It's easy for me to gain weight. I'm not one of those fortunate people who can eat fast food three times a day and not gain a pound. Plus, I cook and BAKE! Got a major sweet tooth, here. I'll sacrifice my figure somewhat for my cooking/baking passion. Like I said, I'm not striving for a models body, but a comfortable body.
The little big NB is the partyingest town ever! People are "celebrating" something all week long no matter their age. We have a "fest" for everything. It's a super fun town, and I LOVE that about NB, but it sure makes it easy to gain some extra padding. I'm actually not too upset about the extra padding I've gained because I know it represents happiness, love, friends, and a more comfortable financial life. As much as I cringe to feel a little more snug in my clothes, I'm thankful for it, as well. Not that my life in Little D was bad in any way, but parts of my happiness were stifled by my environment and loneliness during that time. So, I sort of view my few extra pound as a few extra hugs, nights with friends, and meals out, which are all things I wasn't in surplus of in Denton.
I'll embrace the tighter pants for now! Cheers to love and padding!
CC has bloomed...literally.
2 comments:
A friend of mine calls this "going all eat-pray-love" - it's a reflection of how happy you are now! Way to embrace it.
PERFECT explanation!!!
Post a Comment