Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

December Blog Dare: Day 10

Day 10:  The old piece of clothing I just can't part with...

For those of you who know me know how hard it was for me to part from the nasty black wind shorts, but I finally did a few months ago.  In their place, I bought some new running shorts, and they are equally amazing, if not better.  They are now an item I will not be able to part with, but they're not "old," so I don't feel like I can count those.  When I find clothes I love, I loooooooooooove them and do not part from them as long as possible.  I'm the comfort queen.  In fact, I think I can claim having a full on addiction to comfort.  I mean, come on, when you come home from work for your lunch break and feel it necessary to change into running shorts for that brief hour, you know you have a problem.

Just for a nostalgic tear, here are the old/new shorts



Since we're going with old clothing, here, I can honestly say I'd have a super hard time parting with my sailor button jeans.  I've had them forever.  I love them.  They grow with me (literally).  I love that their flair leg and high waist.  Yes, I hate low riding pants...I've got high hips!  I love that they don't have a place for a belt.  I love that they have a shape for people with no hips.  They've got character; they're not your normal looking pair of jeans, AND they're comfy!  I pretty much avoid wearing jeans at all costs, but sometimes I can't avoid situations requiring the torturous denim and non-eslastic waistbands.

One day, I'll have to part with these jeans, and that day will be too soon.  They even have a blue permanent marker stain on the front leg, and I still continue to wear them.  They're the next "nasty black wind shorts."


This is the best pics of the jeans I could find


My life won't be the same without you, jeans,
CC

No comments: