Now, I'm not going to post the recipes for these since I don't think cookbook authors like it when you post their exact recipes, but I will tell you it's the chocolate cake recipe from The Joy of Vegan Baking. It's ridiculously simple, and the best from-scratch chocolate cake recipe I've ever made, vegan or not. And, I don't have an exact recipe for the frosting, but it's based on this basic vegan buttercream recipe.
The point, here, is really about the spider webs, which can be found here and placed atop ANY kind of cupcake you want to make. For fully vegan cupcakes, use non-dairy white chocolate chips. I used regular white chocolate as I didn't really care, nor wanted to buy a whole bag of vegan chocolate chips when that little spider web could just be taken off by the overly anal vegan. I couldn't find my icing tips in the mix of random boxes from the move, so I had to do the cut the tip off a plastic bag trick, but having the proper tip would have been better.
Go get your Halloween on!
1 comment:
the point is spider webs are intricate and beautiful. thank you.
Post a Comment