Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Purpose

Most of you know this, but some of you don't...I play music.  I write music (well, not as of lately), sing, play guitar, yadi, yadi.  Well, the deal is that I haven't really done anything with music in quite some time.  People ask me "why," and I really don't have a good answer to give them.  Simply put, I just don't feel any desire to do it.  Maybe it's laziness, or boredom, or lack of inspiration, or old memories held on to tangible objects...hell, I really don't know.

At the rate I've been going on, I will never play guitar again.  I don't want that; I don't want music to disappear from my life all together.  I decided I needed an audience, a gig, a purpose to play again on a regular basis.  Well, maybe my blog will be that place, that deadline, that push I need to keep it going?  I'll give it a shot.  My idea on this, as of right now, is that I'm going to try to put up a video once a week, or so, either playing my own original songs, or covering another artist's song, in hopes of bringing some purpose back to my music.

Enjoy this cover...Laura Marling's "Blackberry Stone" (sans the intro verse) 



p.s.  I think my cookies made it ;-)

-CC

2 comments:

Dan said...

Great idea. You're a rockstar!

Unknown said...

Thanks Dan :-)