Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Running Raw???

As I previously stated, I have taken up running. Running?! Claire?! Yes, that's right. Don't think your eye's have deceived you. That's me you saw around 7:30am on the streets, and that's me you heard say "I can't eat Mexican tonight, and have to be in bed early tonight for me 'long run' in the morning" on a Friday night. So, here's the deal...can raw foodist be heavily active, too? I mean, I don't want to be an aspiring raw foodist conflicting to be an aspiring runner, as well. Athletes have heard over and over "you need to get your protein, etc." As you probably figure, I immediately went to the computer and found many active raw foodist our there! The most fascinating has been Tim VanOrden. He's not only a raw foodist, but a "Fruitarian," AND a professional runner. Do what?! That means he does not eat nuts, seeds, or grains as other raw foodists do, which means he takes in no protein whatsoever. Only fruit and vegetables for this guy. Sooooo, how does this professional runner get protein? Well, he doesn't....but in a way, he does...supposedly. Check out his very interesting video about his opinion on protein and amino acids. Also, here's another link pertaining to vegan protein. Vegan bodybuilders?! Had no idea they existed...



2 comments:

Christina said...

dude, that only-fruits-and-vegetables guy is awesome! the "how do you get your protein?" is probably the most annoying question I got when I started down the vegetarian path, and I was FASCINATED by this guy's answers!

Unknown said...

No kidding! This guy makes a lot of sense to me...