Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Thus begins the last week of freedom

Today marks the last somewhat lax half-Monday I'll have for 12 weeks.  Student teaching begins next week.  Whaaaa?  Nutso.  Here are some random thoughts...


  • Does this mean I have to turn in to one of those super private paranoid teachers fearing every cuss word that comes across my e-mail in fear of Big-Brother principal man seeing I AM over 12 years old???  Geeez, I almost want to get fired before becoming that person.  We shall see.  I mean, there are some things I don't mind censoring on here, like sex, F-words, etc....but, I don't want to have to become a nun fearing people know I'm an adult doing adult-like things BECAUSE I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO DO SO!  *sigh*  Am I going to be able to do this?!?  My first attempt will be in trying to make this blog entry cuss-free.



  • Why is it that the possible three people who don't like me have all joined together to be best friends?  This is weird, and either means I'm the crazy one they all questioned their like-characters at one time for liking me, or they're the crazies that have furthered confirmed my decision in not liking them due to their apparent similarities which have caused them to all be friends today.  Whatever the explanation, it's weird. See, the teaching paranoia is already rubbing off.



  • Being physically separated from New Braunfels has further justified my reasoning in believing 97% of the musicians and whackadoo fans associated in that scene (and most scenes, for that matter) are utterly ridiculous, unjustifiably self-absorbed, and on their own planet of which no one else resides on, but they think do. One word of advice, when your friends continue to be younger than yourself, you fear the "and what do you do" question at non-music social gatherings, half of your "friends" are a mixture of strange "fans" who just don't leave and women you knowingly know your "man" has slept with...you have officially let life pass you by.  WAKE UP!  My experience in all this has definitely altered my view, appreciation, and organic joy in music.  I now only want to listen to old black men play blues licks on a slide guitar on their back porch having no ambition to ever make a record or "make it", toothless Appalachian hillbilly folkies of old, and classical music.  There's a part of me that wants my naivety in all this back, and another part of me that's glad I'm not just another musician-worshiping dumb-booty (see, no cussing!) in the crowd anymore.



  • I miss being physically close to my family; they are my world.  But, I still wouldn't trade it for this experience I've made with Steven.  I don't think I could be blessed with anyone better suited for me and my crazies than him, nor could we have grown into the couple we are today without having made this move together.  Steven.  Is.  Amazing.  I heart him.



  • Yes, yes, I've been cooking (duh, I never stop), but I haven't really done anything new lately worthy of a post.

  • Oh yeah, I'm making jewelry now.  Beware, you are about to be swamped with zee jewelry makings...until I burn myself out obsessively making it.

  • It snowed like 4 inches in Denton yesterday, and has stayed on the ground throughout today/tonight.  Wild!


1 comment:

chunnks said...

Happy first day of student teaching!