Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"These are a few of my faaaaaaavorite things...."

Steven and I like to get into the practice of picking of good things that happened during the day, but we're human and sometimes forget.  Anyway, we remembered to do so last night, and it made me want to start posting some of these on my blog...

1.  Green lemonade-  I love this stuff!  The whole "does a body good" part is seriously minuscule to how yummy tasting this stuff is.

2.  Making new friends-  My friend Holly sometimes gets annoyed with my random friend making process, but it's just what I do.  I like adding new people into my social atmosphere, enjoying what they have to bring to the table, and learning all about them.  Sounds a little creepy when you put it in writing, but basically, it's exciting and refreshing to me.  I never want to feel confined to a select group of people.  There are so many cool people out there!  Wagners, Holtmans, and Crowley's, it's been awesome getting to know you all :-)

3.  Blue Diamond's Almond Milk-  I bought some commercially produced almond milk the other day instead of making my own strictly for convenience reasons, and Blue Diamond's almond milk is awesome!  I must admit I always preferred soy milk to almond milk I make at home, but this Blue Diamond stuff is great.  I'm sure it's all the additives that make is so, but hey, it's o.k. to step outside of the goody two-shoes line every now and then...

4.  Running- I'll be a runner for life.  I'm not a great distance runner, nor strive to be.  I'm also not a speed demon, nor strive to be.  Hell, for have only started this running adventure in June '09, I'm pretty pleased with my progress!  Running makes me feel great physically and emotionally.  I've got a 5K lined up Feb. 13th, and then a marathon relay in Corpus Christi with a group of friends the weekend of May 15th.  I'm so excited!

5.  Vegan eating- I can honestly say I have never felt better in my life.  I love vegan eating.  I feel awesome, I feel energized, I fell full, but not heavy, and I feel healthy even when I eat a vegan "guilty pleasure."  Yes, I cheat some on the weekends when we go out to dinner with friends (still keep it vegetarian, though), but I'm strict about it Monday through Friday, and when I'm eating at my house.  It's just not enjoyable to only think about having salad every time you eat out with friends knowing all the yummy things you could eat if only you were able to "veganize" it.  Luckily, we maaaaay eat out twice a week, and really more like once a week, if that.

1 comment:

Holly said...

no new friends!!! :)