Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Gratitude 1.25.2010



 Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone.  ~G.B. Stern




1.  Green Juice-  I forgot to go to the grocery store Saturday, so I was out of greens for my Sunday morning juice.  AHHHH!  I'm telling you, I felt the green juice absence all day Sunday.  I haven't had a day without green juice in a looooong time.  Yesterday, I got to have my green juice, and it was heavenly!  My body felt back in the grove.  I even added parsley to the mix, being as I've read so much about it's powerful medical qualities, and it tasted great, too.  It's always a little scary adding a new green to the mix...

2.  3.25 Mile Run-  This is only something I'm gracious for simply because I did it.  The run itself was NOT great; my legs were weak, but I'm glad I finished the distance.  I haven't run that distance in a while, so it was good to get the confidence boost to know I could do it even when I'm not having a strong running day.  It's funny, I feel silly being proud of a measly three miles when I have other running friends who never go out for less than five.  I'm still very green in the world of running, so any distance over three miles is good for me!

3.  Portobello Tacos- I've been craving Mexican food like a mad women lately.  Those of you who are not from Texas have no idea how strong the cravings for Mexican food can be...especially when you've been eating vegan!  So, last night I decided to make some make-shift veggie Mexican tacos by sauteeing portobellos seasoned with taco seasoning in place of using regular ground beef.  It really worked out great!  I built my tacos with all the typical trimmings (except cheese), and they were sinfully good.  I totally got my fix with those.

4.  Parents in the same town- I know I mention all the time how much I love my parents, and every day I'm reminded of that.  Yesterday, I spent the evening with my folks...catching up on Big Love with my mom, and my dad did some maintenance on my car.  How awesome is that to have a dad who is skilled in auto-repair?!  He saves me a ton of money!  It was also nice to catch up with my mom about her recent trip to Sante Fe.  She brought me back some bad ass souvenirs, too!  She got me a pair of southwestern style socks (I LOVE wild socks!), a "Dia de Los Muertos" style refrigerator magnet (one of my favorite styles), and some kind of "write with water" notepad message book thing.  They rock...period.

5.  G-chat with Deric-  My friend, Deric, and I used to be really close.  It's not so much that we're not close, or not friends, anymore, we just don't see each other as often.  Anyway, it was awesome g-chatting with Deric yesterday, catching up on ridiculous drama, and talking shit like we're perfect human-beings, and pondering the "what-if's" of life.  I always enjoying hanging with Deric, even if it's only an "e-hang."  Here's a pic of me and Deric back in the day...being vulgar...what we do best...haha!



4 comments:

evergreen said...

I have been feeling so grateful lately, too:)

Your first picture is so lovely, the second one totally cracked me up, thanks!

Unknown said...

Hahaha,thanks Evergreen!

Christina said...

we both had portobello fajita tacos this week! remind me to give you my spanish rice recipe :)

Unknown said...

Sweet! Bring on the Spanish rice recipe...