A friend of mine picked up an idea from one of her friend's blog about dedicating a post each day to something she's thankful for. I figured I'd keep the trend going as expressing our gratitude can never go out of style. Since it's the 12th, I'll work up to the 12th day in this post, and then get back on schedule tomorrow. Thanks for the idea, Omi! Dang, is that #1 already? ;-)
1. As always, my parents are first on the list. I am so thankful to have such amazing parents. My folks are funny, supportive, stern, grounded, accepting, courageous, wise, open minded, curious, humble, smart, fantastic parents, and the best friends I could ever ask for. Without them, and how they have raised me, I am nothing. I have taken these guys on quite a roller coaster ride for the past 26 years, and they have always been ready to take "shot gun" either griping their seats with a grimace, or waving their hands in the air with a smile. I hope to be just like them when I "grow up" and have kids of my own.
2. My sister, Kellye, is way better of a sister to me than I am to her. We've had our ups and downs over the years, but the downs are done, and I'm so fortunate to have a partner in crime in the Cunningham Fam.
3. I know this sounds psycho, but my dog Fred means so much to me it's scary. He literally saved my life during my battle with Pure-O OCD. He is my child, my hero, the sometimes pain in my ass, unconditional loving, massive shedding, comforting, always loyal #1 man in my life. He's somewhere around 11 years old. It is NOT going to be pretty when it's time for him to "go." I love you, Fred!
4. My God given talents with food and music. May these talents continue to provide comfort and memories to my life.
5. Steven...I can't think of anyone better suited for me. You are the support, smiles, love, and laughs that have been missing from my life. You inspire me to be a better person, and you are proving to be the challenge to every one of my "I will never..." statements. Damn, I hate being wrong, but will gladly accept defeat as long as your involved. :-)
6. Although I sometimes can't wait to leave this place, living in New Braunfels is truly a gem. Sometimes I take it for granted, but I know deep down this place is a one of a kind. Texans...you rock! There are no people like Texans; they are the nicest people.
7. I am so thankful for my 4 working arms and legs! Seriously! I wouldn't be able to run, swim, bake, play guitar, drive, etc. without them. Thank you good health and luck in this department.
8. My college education financially provided to me by my parents is a priceless gift. Thank you Mom and Dad for giving me the wonderful gift of knowledge and experience. College changed my life forever.
9. Thank you Darrell David for employing me for the past 3 years. I am so thankful for my job and financial security...and for having such an understanding and giving boss. It has been a pleasure working for you, Darrell.
10. I am so thankful for all those life experiences that may have hurt like hell at the time, but taught me so much about myself and life in the long run. I have avoided many mistakes by learning from the first ones.
11. Chocolate. Thank you God for making the cacao bean!
12. I am thankful for my church families both in Garland and New Braunfels. Although I'm not an active member at this time in my life, I was raised going to church every Sunday. My church family has supported me through music, life crisis, small business adventures, education, and the list goes on. Even though I am the lesser person for not being active in that community, they continue to love and support me throughout my life. That is something truly special I don't deserve.
13. I am thankful for the men and women of our country who serve in the U.S. Military. They make so many sacrifices I can't imagine making. Each and every one of these individuals are double the person I am.
*more to come....
4 comments:
Love your gratitude list, Claire! I started one last week, too, but on a much smaller scale!
I feel like we've been lost the past couple weeks, too. We must be better in-touchers - I miss you...seriously, for an e-friend, I LOVE your blogs and FB comments. I'm going through a lot of personal garbage right now so it's important that I try not to fall into a hole and lose all my friends.
You're the bestest e-friend one could ever have. And THAT is what I'm grateful for :).
Rock on rocking on!
Awe Jill, personal garbage is NO FUN! I'm sorry :-( I am thankful for you too, e-friend! Can't wait for us to maybe run a race (not marathon) together one day!
Claaaaaaire! Where did you go? I miss my daily dose...
Hope your Thanksgiving is GREAT!
I know, I know...I've been slacking! I've actually been really busy at work, and too many birthday parties to plan! :-/ I had my mom, dad, best friend, and steven all i the span of 4 weeks...eeek!
Post a Comment