Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

People are Good

People are good.  No doubt about it; there is way more love and support in this world than evil an harm.  I often times don't feel I deserve the impressive people I'm fortunate to call "friends."  Yet, over and over the amazing people in my life continue to stick by my side with their love, compassion, and support.

Ok, let's back up.  As most of you know, I'm a dog lover, and it seems over the past 2.5 years I have taken on the role of canine care taker and Hospice facility, as well.  It all started with Del.  I got Del because my original labrador mate, Fred, was climbing on up the life ladder being 12 or 13 years old at that time.  Long story short, I had Del for 9 months, and then she died from Cancer.  She was the first dog I had to make "the call" on, and it broke my heart terribly.  Fred was still kicking, though!  Then, I got Cinna, my shepherd, to fill in the late Del's role, and, again, long story short, she died from cancer this past fall after having her for a little over 1.5 years.  But, yet, Fred prevailed showing he wasn't going to leave me without a fight.

Two weeks ago, that fight came, and his poor, feeble body couldn't endure what his heart could.  A type of stroke/episode/whatever it was left him completely immobile, and I'm pretty sure he had organ failure, as well.  He couldn't walk, use the bathroom, and eat and drink on his own as a result.  He became unhappy and tired.  His time had come, and he needed my help in getting there.  I put Fred down January 25th, 2014.  He was around 16 years old, and he was my baby.  We did everything together.  We ran every errand together.  We traveled every trip together.  We damn near took every pee together.  Slept together.  Swam together.  Hiked together.  Made every move together.  Most importantly, he stayed in a dark, closed-off room for those months my life was a prisoner to my deepest depression and OCD spell.  That's when he became my everything.

I want to take this e-moment (because I do not have all your mail addresses) to stress just how GOOD people are and to thank those who showed their goodness and empathy to me during my times of loss....

Thank you SO MUCH for the card, donation to NB Dog Park, flowers, gift, chocolate and wine, etc:

Paige Stallings, Justin, and Cassius
Erin Loggins
Dr. Kenny and Mrs. Sheli Patin, Kaylyn, and Lyric
Country Hills Veterinary Clinic of Bulverde, TX
Jose Castelan and Happy Tails Pet Ranch
Jim and Hollye Cunningham
The O'Kelly Family
Grady and Judy Joiner
The Swain Family
Romeo Dominguez
Dan and Kristin Ray
Drew and Holly Kennedy
Cindy Wilkins and Helen "Mimi" Mask
The Peitersen Family
The Dreistadt Family
Brad and Terrilyn Crowley
Southridge Animal Hospital of Denton, TX

I know I'm missing some people who given some form of tangible love, and I do NOT want to dismiss all the love from e-friends via Facebook.  I simply don't have room to write you all down.  Every sympathy card, vase of flowers, "I love you," donation to the NB Dog Park, book, text, hug, picture drawn, phone call, and paw print will not be forgotten.  The amount of love I've received for my late four legged friends the past two years has been SO SPECIAL to me.  Each of you remind me to be a better person...to strive to be the person YOU are.  I don't deserve such love...not at all.  You are all angels and a reminder that what may appear as a small offering of love and or help from you is huge on the receiving end.  A reminder to not let apathy or fear stand in the way of giving love.  Thank you, thank you, thank YOU.  Each tear shed by your gesture watered the hearts of humankind.

With love and gratitude- Claire

Del


Cinna

Fred

Cinna with her cousins Max and Barney

Me, Del, and Fred

Me, Fred, and Cinna

Cinna and Fred

Cinna, Fred, and their cousin, Stella



No comments: