I love a reverse chocolate chip cookie. It's pretty much the only time I like white chocolate. As I'm sure you've noticed, the majority of the recipes I post involve chocolate. I swear, it's not my fault...it's Steven's. The boy won't eat a sweet unless it contains chocolate. In fact, when I'm on a chocolate chip cookie phase he gets mad because there's just not enough chocolate in a choco-chip cookie to satisfy him...hence, the reason for this cookie recipe. It's the closest thing to a brownie without technically being one, and I still left the regular chocolate chips in the batch you see below in hopes of slaying Steven's chocolate monster; BUT, I would put the white chocolate chips in there if they were strictly for me.
Oat flour is becoming my favorite flour to bake with besides the starches (yeah, yeah, yeah...trace gluten from the mills...blah, blah, blah). Buy it "certified GF", and get over it. If super-hippie Bob says it's GF, I believe it. I hear coconut flour is amazing, but that sh!t is expensive, and I can't afford it right now. Another thing, my baking recipes are NOT healthy; so, don't come here looking for non-hydrogenated this, or agave nectar that. GF baking needs all the nasty help it can get. Plus, it's not like cookies are the main staple food of your diet. You eat one or two a day; at that rate, you can afford the nasties. You may not get skinny eating my baked goods recipes, but you will get a smile on your face..."I guarantee it." :-P
I'm testing out white cake recipes, now. I've done a couple, and am pleased with one...but, I'm not sure it's the best. Anyway, that's next to come. It's all about getting the basics done when first entering a new food lifestyle.
GF Reverse Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Just some minor tweeking from the regular choco-chip recipe)
Ingredients
- 1 cup butter flavored crisco
- 2 Tbs water
- 7 ounces white rice flour
- 3.5 ounces certified gluten free oat flour
- 1.5 ounces cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 ounces cornstarch
- 1/2-ounce tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 ounces semisweet or white chocolate chips (I personally use half to 3/4 a 12 ounce bag)
Directions
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, sift together the rice flour, cornstarch, tapioca flour, xantham gum, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
Cream the butter crisco, water, and both sugars until light and fluffy. Wisk the whole egg, egg yolk, milk and vanilla extract together in a small bowl, and add to creamed sugar and crisco. Cream those together thoroughly. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 11 minutes. Move the cookies to a wire rack and cool completely.
1 comment:
I have an unopened bag of Bob's oat flour just asking to be used, thanks Klarr!
Post a Comment