Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

It's like the naked-in-public dream

Alright, alright, alright! I'm going to try to keep up with this thing. Blogger.com makes me feel exposed. I mean, ANYONE can read this thing, and then if you do want to restrict accessibility, it's too restrictive. Alright, there's some wine for the day...

I be runnin' gal, now! Yes, as of the past 2.5 months I've been running 6 times a week, and am now up to 3 miles a day. Whew! I never thought I'd write about enjoying running in my life. It's weird how things change. I feel proud, accomplished, and healthy. Running has been good.

Speaking of change, I'm phasing. I've been known to phase, and I've just learned to go with it. I mean, how do we eventually grow if we don't embrace the initially "phase" that leads to that growth? I'm cool with it. So, I'm slowing down, ya know? Ha! You ask how can I get any slower than I already am?! Yes, it can happen. I guess you can say I'm pulling the weeds. Basically, if I don't enjoy doing something, or being "friends" with someone strictly out of obligation, I'm not going to. It's all quality, not quantity, right now. I guess this is what they call "growing up." Bring it!

I let go of my weekly happy hour gig at Tavern. It sorta felt like when I quit cheerleading in highschool and everyone freaked out. I was ready then, and I'm ready for this change in my music now. Quitting happy hour was a lot like quitting performing all together. Yes, I never preformed a whole-whole lot before, but this happy hour gig still kept me in the circuit, I guess you could say. Honestly, I haven't missed it one bit. It's not about the guitar and singing; it's about performing only. I'll always continue to play, though...just in my living room ;)

Steve-o and I are doing good! He is an admirable, unique, and fun person who has restored my faith in the goodness and honesty of people. I hope each of you get the chance to know him one day.

Also, I now have an official brother-in-law. Kellye is married, the wedding was perfect, and everyone is right where they should be. Everyone welcome Mr. and Mrs. Cody O'Kelly! Welcome to the crazy Cunningham's, Cody!




Life is good.

3 comments:

Holly said...

and she's baaaack.

Bobbie said...

Okay, so Kellye's name is now Kellye O'Kelly??? Is that for real? I am VERY glad you're back. I quit checking this thing, but just saw your post on FB and am playing catch up! Please don't stop again :)

Unknown said...

Yep! Kellye O'Kelly!