Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Sorry it's been so long...but WE MOVED!

Hey guys!  Yeah, yeah, yeah, I haven't posted in forever, but seriously, since my last post life has been a little nuts!  First it was the changing of my job life in New Braunfels, to the contemplation of going back to school, then to the possibility of Steven and I moving, to....actually MOVING!

About two months ago, Steven and I were about to head up to North Texas to visit his family, and he turned to me and said, "You know, I got called for an interview with Little Elm High School..."  He told me it was scheduled for the day we would be traveling to Muenster, but he thought he would cancel it because he was pretty happy with his current teaching/coaching job in New Braunfels, and it would be a pain to try to make the interview in the midst of our traveling.  Finally after thoroughly contemplating the situation, we decided since Little Elm was on the way to his folks', it would be silly to not take the interview.  Long story short, we pulled in to a Walmart in Little Elm, he dressed into "interview attire" in the parking lot, I dropped him off at the high school, and I went to a Starbucks to kill some time...for almost two hours!

Needless to say, the interview went very well.  Steven was basically offered the job on the spot, and we went from thinking, "no, we're happy where we are" to "ok, this would be a major step in your career you need to take, so let's do it!"  Now, don't get me wrong, in between those two decisive moments there was plenty of stress and crying (well, on my part), but Steven said he wouldn't go without me, and I couldn't be selfish enough to say no, especially since my work life had become pretty insignificant the past few months.  So, the next weekend we traveled back up to N. Texas for Steven to go house hunting.  He was set on buying, so in that same weekend he put a bid in on a house, and had a contract on it by Wednesday.

The next month was pretty hectic, as you can imagine.  Me packing up my house, Steven packing his, all while trying to buy a house, start a new job, and traveling to and from Denton about 5 times in a month.  Finally, though, we made the move July 26th.

*Side Note*  Denton is about 13 miles from Little Elm


In the first day of residing in our new home, we managed to go through appliance hell.  Our hot water heater broke (and all the pains that go with no hot water), one of our toilets wouldn't flush via using the handle, no internet/cable for over a week, and the new refrigerator we bought never started working.  Fortunately, one thing that did continue to work like a charm was our A/C...THANK GOD!  As you can imagine, we became fat, stinky and stupid due to eating out, not showering for days, and being out of touch from the world; but in true Steven Reiter style, we did manage to always have two coolers filled with beer.

Finally, life is starting to get into routine again.  Steven started football two-a-days today, and I've been busy painting this whole damn house and waiting on service men.  I don't have a job, yet, and I recently found out my financial Aid for school won't be fully available until the spring '11 semester, so my world is a little flipped upside-down right now.  I'm trying to go with the flow and have a good attitude about all the new changes in my life, and so far I'm doing fairly well adjusting.  North Texas is no hill country haven, but I fully believe it's the relationships you make in life that determine one's happiness.

I'll have some "Before and After" pics to post of the house soon; it's like a whole different house from when we moved in!  Also, please make note of our new mailing address.  Both of our phone numbers are the same, but we still love some good ol' fashioned snail mail...especially birthday cards for my big 27th TOMORROW!  Our new address is:

4517 Fox Sedge Ln.
Denton, TX 76208

Love you all, and come and see us!
Claire & Steven

6 comments:

Emilie said...

I'm thinkin' a road trip during winter break... or if Mitch gets called up there for a job interview.

Unknown said...

Hope so!

Christian Blair said...

I love you so much and SWEAR to be putting something in the mail very soon...as it's now looking to be a belated b-day gift, instead of a housewarming. Wishing we could have a good gossip-filled dinner and wine/Intervention evening...tonite! Hopefully, soon.

Unknown said...

Miss you, too, wild woman! My mom and grandma just surprised me by showing up at the front door, so I doubt they'll be down for Intervention...Damn!

Jill said...

Yay, you're back. I was excepting some raw protein brownie dish post but I love this even more cuz I'll I've known is little bits and pieces whenever I've logged onto FB (I'm so not into it anymore). Glad all's going well and you're on your way to being the next great interior painter. Hey, may be a job in that??!!??

Congrats on the big change, girl. Very happy for you :).

chunnks said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAIRE!

Glad the move went smoothly. Buying a house is never a walk in the park.

Love,
The Chunns