Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas time is/was here...

I love Christmas!  Absolutely 100% LOVE it!  There's something about the holiday season that makes me feel so pure and loving; like there's more to life than bars, drama, and sex scandals.  This holiday season was just as great as all the others.  


We first started out with the Cunningham Christmas gathering at Lake Brownwood.  This where all the family from my Dad's side gets together.  I'm so happy Steven was able to join us this year, and he fit right in with all the Tech football junkies my family claims ;-)



We do a Chinese gift exchange, and as was the trend this year, my mom landed a snuggie.




I also refreshed my french braiding skills on my little cousin, Reese...whom you have seen previously sporting her green smoothie skillz.



My Gammie and Rich came to New Braunfels for the actual Christmas part.  We had such a beautiful and relaxing time.  I'm so glad I don't spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day trekking all over the state of Texas.  All that stress of traveling would make me not enjoy Christmas!  Here we are after our Christmas late lunch pleasing my mom by indulging in her "crackers" we have to pop every year that contain little trinket-type toys, etc.




Stella and Dad were digging the crackers...



And, the infamous Yule Log!  Eh hem, NOT vegan ;-)



The Sunday following Christmas, I hosted a party for my very dear friend, Natalie, who was in town from Paris, France for the holidays.  I had not seen her in 3 years!  She is a jewel of a person, and housed some of my friends in Paris during their European travels.  I wanted us all to meet under one roof TOGETHER, and so I made sure to make that happen.  Natalie, you are the best!



Steven and Eric stayed with Natalie in Paris this summer during their month long European extravaganza, and my other two good friends, Olivia and Laurie, stayed with her this fall.  Here, Here to Natalie!  Here's a group shot, sans Laurie (she couldn't make it).  We had a fire pit going, so the camera flash really accentuated the smoke.




I hope everyone's Christmas season was nothing less than magical.  Let us all remember the emotions and characteristics Christmas brings forth does not have to be limited to a one month period.  Let us continue to be loving, giving, family-oriented, selfless beings through out our lives.

Merry Christmas,
Claire

5 comments:

evergreen said...

Hi Claire! What a wonderful post...I love all your pics:)

Wishing you a Merry (belated) Christmas and a wonderful new year!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Evergreen! Merry Christmas to you, too!

Jill said...

Hi Claire,
You made my day with your post. I am so glad you had a great Christmas - I see genuine happiness in your smile which I'm certain showers down on all around you! I know it does me, and I'm just an e-friend. Happy New Year, my favy e-friend!!

Jill said...

Oh, rather my favy vegan, raw food, e-friend :).

Unknown said...

Happy New Year, too, Jill!