Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

1.19.2010 Gratitude

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.  -Buddha


1.  "Dates" at The Forum with Steven- This is usually when we hit up Academy, Costco, World Market, and eat at Hearthstone Bakery.  It's so nice to be forced to calm down, be conventional, and do one of life's daily tasks together.  We get to laugh and cut-up together when we go, and that always feels so good.



2.  Mushrooms-  Seriously, I love mushrooms; I could eat a whole field of them!  All kinds, but especially portobellos.  I eat at least one portobello a day, and always wish there was more left after I'm done with my meal.

3.  Running a nice 3 miles with Kelly and Robert yesterday- I not only love running with Robert and Kelly AND their most precious son Edwin, but I just love them as individuals.  They are the perfect balance of artsy,  but realistic, conventional, but not stale and rigid, honest, but not brutal, fun, but not annoying, and so on.  I really admire them in so many ways.



 

4.  Costco-  When you're a vegetarian, Costco is a God-send!  You get such an awesome deal on fruits and veggies there...as well as many other non-vegetarian related items.  And it's way more pleasurable to shop there in comparison to the beat-down crowd at HEB.

5.  Cashews-  Cashews make my life as a vegan completely wonderful and void of any "I really miss that..." moments!  They are the perfect substitute for dairy/cream.  I have made so many dishes that normally require a "cream" or milk that any non-vegan would be shocked to know was void of those actual ingredients.  Thank you cashews!

3 comments:

Jill said...

I heart Costco, but not the check I write there each time cuz I always end up with more crap than I need. Or want. But willpower is not my forte. I love cashews, too. Do not like mushrooms much (sorry) and I don't know Kelly and Robert but their picture is adorable and I'm glad you're out there running with them :).

Happy Wednesday, Claire!!

Unknown said...

Happy Wednesday to you, too, Jill...EAT THOSE SHROOMS! ;-)

evergreen said...

You have some wonderful things to be grateful for, and thank you for sharing them with us:)