I don't have kids, but if I did have kids, I don't think I'd have a problem whatsoever introducing Santa into their lives. In fact, I'm excited to live vicariously through my kids once Santa is in their lives!
I love magic, mysticism, fantasy, and creativity. One of my biggest pet peeves are people who think Harry Potter is the devil. Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?! Hearing this kind of shit makes me want to stab my eyes out with a spork! Come on, people. Have a little more faith in your faith. I'm thinking a lot of the same people who hate Harry probably hate sweet ol' St. Nick for the same reasons.
Me? I love the big jolly guy and all the tradition and joy he brings with him. I honestly wish he were real. My favorite Christmas movie is the 1994 version of Miracle on 34th Street. Every time I watch it, I secretly wish I was Dorey, every sweet old man I know really is Santa....and that hot lawyer guy wanted to marry me! Wow, that's embarrassing but it's true. I want magic to exist. I want magic to exist for my kids, as well (should I ever reproduce). Magic generates creativity, which generates ideas, which generates new and, sometime, interesting goals, which generate hope and excitement. Who couldn't use a little more hope and excitement?!
Santa rocks. He rocks as a fun holiday tradition. He rocks as a symbol for kindness and self-discipline. He rocks as a once-a-year parenting tool. He rocks as a world-wide symbol we ALL know! He rocks as a memory maker. He's a bad ass actor in many movies. He rocks as an excuse to take a break from the real "adult" world. He rocks as an instigator of giddy happiness.
I'll be sad when my hypothetical spawn (word, Paige!) are too cool for Santa one day....
Team Santa!
CC

1 comment:
Spawn should be told about Santa! It is fun and its fun for the parent. I love experiencing Christmas thru my son's eyes. It is magical & glittery & fun. I am Team Santa also!!
Post a Comment