Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hello? Anyone home?

I speak of  being lonely often, but yet, I'm always yearning for "alone time."  I'm never physically lonely, but I do get emotionally lonely.  I often criticize myself for jumping into a new relationship, either romantically or the friendly plutonic kind, too fiercely in the beginning, but I've come to realize I do this due to the excitement and comfort upon hoping I've found someone to loiter with me in my emotional quirkiness.  On the flip side, although I find myself overly enthused in the beginnings of a new relationship, I often find myself just as disappointed as soon as the hour glass has filled.  

I don't mean for this to sound as pompous as it comes across; I, by no means, think I'm am so special that no "common man" can relate to me.  Geez, I hope you guys do not believe I strive for my world to be that selective, or small; OR, that I believe my feelings of loneliness and compatibility are unique from anyone else.  I truly believe, and accept, we ALL struggle to find the "home" within the various people who flutter in and out of our lives.  This process is what makes life interesting and colorful.  Otherwise, we'd be bored, and most likely in a state of constant competition, if we had to wrestle with which "pefect match' we had to choose from each day; there's a reason this compatibility search continues to be a constant through our entire existence.  Ahhhh, the sweet and sour...  

No comments: